top of page
also known as Blue Shin
East side of the Little Miami River at Strout Road
Why Blue Shin? One story is that when wading across the river, the water was so cold it turned shins blue; another story was that the hill was so steep that people would slip going up the hill in the winter so much that their shins turned blue.
It was laid out in 1844 (around the time that the railroad was constructed).
The town consisted of a few farming families.
At one point it had a school which lasted until the 1890's.
The town had a long woodshed to supply the railroad. Property owned by the Little Miami Rail Road Co. can be seen on the map below.
There was a siding for freight cars to load local livestock and grain.
bottom of page