top of page
On the West bank of the Little Miami River just North of the Strout Road bridge (near the current site of Morgan's Riverside Campground)
A source states that a paper mill was operating there as early as 1815.
The location of the paper mill on the Little Miami River was ideal because it provided a clean water supply, necessary for paper production.
At the height of the town, in addition to the paper mill, there was a gristmill, sawmill and dry goods store.
There was also a post office from 1832-1845.
The town dwindled after the construction of the Miami Canal around 1845 because the paper mill was unable to compete with the other mills along the canal.
bottom of page